You Betcha I'm a Proud Army Mom

Ramblings of an Army mom and probably some rants about the world at large. These are my ramblings and rants and no one else's. Just so you know...

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

That's a good question...

http://www.aapavatar.net/images/Historical/rosie-flag_sm.jpg

Monday, April 03, 2006

Stormy Monday

Well, we're going into our second month of mostly rain here on the coast. The clouds are so low today, looks like I could go out on the back porch and grab a handful. The wind is blowing and the chimes are chiming. ( you can't live in CA and not have chimes hung up outside) I think the birds are finally fed up with all the "weather" - their chirps are sounding a bit sharp lately. Our grass/weeds have grown at least 5 inches this past week and a half. I know...I've been watching. I think we've had about 6 hours of sun since February. That might be wishful thinking on my part though.

Devon is in Alabama - made it there okay. Whew! I swear I must have traveled the whole way with her! and yes, I looked up her route on MapQuest...not that I could have done anything about anything but at least I knew where she was! This Motherhood thing never takes a holiday, does it? lol! I can see me on my deathbed, asking for MapQuest for her drive home...


Today I spend packing up easter boxes for my soldiers. I figure I'll use the Peeps as cushioning. Have to have Peeps - not that anyone eats them. But apparently our illustrious soldiers find many ways to amuse themselves with them after they've hardened. And besides, what's an Easter basket without Peeps, I ask you!