You Betcha I'm a Proud Army Mom

Ramblings of an Army mom and probably some rants about the world at large. These are my ramblings and rants and no one else's. Just so you know...

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

That's a good question...

http://www.aapavatar.net/images/Historical/rosie-flag_sm.jpg

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Way to Go, Maine!

I just came across this story in the Kennebec Journal:
(Warms the cockles of the heart, it does!)

Maine troop greeters excellent for U.S. troops' morale
By COLIN HICKEYStaff Writer

"...Kay Lebowitz, 90, of Bangor, hugs each of the 133 U.S. Army soldiers who arrived at Bangor International Airport on Thursday for a two-week leave from serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. Lebowitz and Joann Black, left, are members of the Maine troop greeters..."

My family spent alot of time in Maine on our vacations. I have always loved the people there.

(h/t Yankee Cracker)