You Betcha I'm a Proud Army Mom

Ramblings of an Army mom and probably some rants about the world at large. These are my ramblings and rants and no one else's. Just so you know...

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

That's a good question...

http://www.aapavatar.net/images/Historical/rosie-flag_sm.jpg

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Stacy Kelly's Sign


Keep the sign!

Stacy Kelly was told by the local HOA that she could not display the "Support Our Troops" sign sent to her by her deployed husband.

Read more details here.

Now I would never live in a house where there was an association to tell me what I can and cannot have in my yard. For one thing, I wouldn't be able to pay my property taxes for all the fines I would incur. But some people do and rules are rules. Okay, we have to employ rules so that we can live in a civilized society - I agree on that point.

BUT! In my mind, when a rule is stupid, it should be tossed out, or at least, exceptions should be made. And this is one stupid rule!

Here we have a wife showing her support for her deployed husband, a soldier serving his country. Now, having talked to a number of military wives about how stressful (duh!) it is to have a husband sent overseas to a warzone, I believe she has enough on her plate just with that EVERY DAY reality. But no, she now has to contend with narrow minded, stick to the rules, insensitive and downright idiotic people! I can't stand it! This is so ridiculous!
It's not the first time I've heard of this sort of nonsense. I was in touch with a mother of a deployed son who's landlord told her she could not display her Blue Star Banner in the window of her apartment, as it went against policies of that establishment to hang inflammatory signs in windows. Inflammatory! A Blue Star Banner being considered Inflammatory!! WTF - Over...


A lot of people in this country need a reality check! And a major shift in priorities!