You Betcha I'm a Proud Army Mom

Ramblings of an Army mom and probably some rants about the world at large. These are my ramblings and rants and no one else's. Just so you know...

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

That's a good question...

http://www.aapavatar.net/images/Historical/rosie-flag_sm.jpg

Friday, March 17, 2006

It's St. Patrick's Day!!


Happy St. Patrick's Day!!




A man stumbles up to the only other patron in a bar and asks if he could buy him a drink."Why of course," comes the reply.

The first man then asks: "Where are you from?"

"I'm from Ireland," replies the second man.

The first man responds: "You don't say, I'm from Ireland too! Let's have another round to Ireland."

"Of Course," replies the second man.

Curious, the first man then asks: "Where in Ireland are you from?"

"Dublin," comes the reply.

"I can't believe it," says the first man. "I'm from Dublin too! Let's have another drink to Dublin."

"Of course," replies the second man.

Curiosity again strikes and the first man asks: "What school did you go to?"

"Saint Mary's," replies the second man. "I graduated in '62."

"This is unbelievable!" the first man says. "I went to Saint Mary's and I graduated in '62, too!"

About that time in comes one of the regulars and sits down at the bar. "What's been going on?" he asks the bartender.

"Nothing much," replies the bartender. "The O'Malley twins are drunk again."



An Irishman and an American were sitting in the bar at Shannon Airport.


"I've come to meet my brother," said the Irishman. "He's due to fly in fromAmerica in an hour's time. It's his first trip home in forty years".


"Will you be able to recognize him?" asked the American.


"I'm sure I won't," said the Irishman, "after all, he's been away for a long time".


"I wonder if he'll recognize you?" said the American.


"Of course he will," said the Irishman. "Sure, an' I haven't been away at all".



McCarthy walked into a bar and ordered martini after martini, each time removing the olives and placing them in a jar. When the jar was filled with olives and all the drinks consumed, he started to leave. "Excuse me," said a customer, who was puzzled over what McCarthy had done. "What was that all about?" "Nothing," he replied, "my wife just sent me out for a jar of olives."



An Irishman walks into a bar and orders three glasses of Guiness, drinking them one at a time. Noticing this odd ritual, the bartender explains that the beer goes flat when poured and informs the man his beer would be much fresher if he ordered one glass at a time.


The Irishman explains he began this custom with his two brothers, who have moved to America and Australia, respectively. This is their way of remembering all the time they spent drinking together.


The man becomes a regular at the pub, well-known for always ordering three beers at once. One day he walks in and orders only two beers. Assuming the worst, a hush falls among other patrons.


When the Irishman returns to the bar to order his second round, the bartender quietly offers his condolences. The man looks confused for a moment, and then explains, "No, everyone's fine. I gave up beer for lent."




Irish Coffee


Ingredients : One stemmed grog glass very hot strong black coffee

1 tablesp. whipped cream

2-3 teasp. sugar
A nice spot of good Irish Whiskey

Preparation :
Heat glass. Pour sugar Fill the glass with very hot black coffee in which the sugar has been dissolved. Add the grand whiskey. Float the cream on top. [ Tip! Turn a teaspoon upside down and hold against rim inside the glass. Pour in the cream slowly over the spoon.] The secret lies in the combination of the piping hot coffee with the cold soothing cream on top.


May those who love us, love us

And those who don't love us,

May God turn their hearts

And if he can't turn their hearts,

May he turn their ankles

So we will know them by their limping!