You Betcha I'm a Proud Army Mom

Ramblings of an Army mom and probably some rants about the world at large. These are my ramblings and rants and no one else's. Just so you know...

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

That's a good question...

http://www.aapavatar.net/images/Historical/rosie-flag_sm.jpg

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What a Gift!

After I wrote my post today about the Blue Star Banner, I went out to get the mail and there was a large envelope addressed to me among all the junk mail and bills. It was from my brother and I figured it was more magazines from him to send to my soldiers. So I put it aside and went on with what I was doing.

A little while later I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat down to go through the mail and opened my brother's envelope last. Behind the magazines (thanks again, Big Brother!) was a bag that had "Be Careful!" written on a post-it stuck to the outside. So I opened the bag very carefully (being the good lil sister that I am...heh!) and peeked inside. All I saw was red fabric and a wooden knob.

Hmm, says I. Still following the "be careful!" instructions, I gently pulled out the contents of the bag, held it up and immediately started to cry. My sister in law (who is a fabulous quilter) had made me, by hand, a Blue Star Banner!

It is now hanging proudly in my window.

Thank you so much, Liz!
It's beautiful!