You Betcha I'm a Proud Army Mom

Ramblings of an Army mom and probably some rants about the world at large. These are my ramblings and rants and no one else's. Just so you know...

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

That's a good question...

http://www.aapavatar.net/images/Historical/rosie-flag_sm.jpg

Monday, January 23, 2006

In Honor of Military Moms

I received a beautiful gift in my email yesterday. An Army vet by the name of Roger Robicheau sent me two poems he had written and kindly gave me permission to post them here. I wanted to share them with all the Military Moms out there waiting for their Soldiers and Marines to call, to be online, to get leave, to recover from their wounds, to come home soon all safe and sound.

The first poem says so wonderfully what I feel in my heart for my Soldier:

Courtesy of Roger ~


My Soldier’s Mom


My child, you glow in uniform
In pride I live, my heart so warm

I have such precious thoughts cascade
Some old, some new, not one will fade

How hard that day we said good-bye
The joy, the pain, etched in my eye

You left to serve our Country well
My perfect one, my tears did swell

No better soldier could there be
For in my love, that’s all I see

Oh how I pray for you each day
Be safe, be well, God guide your way

I keep your Home in wait with me
Your Mom will guard it faithfully

How great the day when you’ll return
We’ll talk and talk, night-lights to burn

My Soldier’s Mom, is who I am
While you do proud, for Uncle Sam


©2002Roger J. Robicheau
*********************************************************
My Mother’s Soldier


I think of her in treasured ways
Of all those years through watchful days

She nurtured me to grow up proud
Now that’s a fact I’ll shout out loud

Her awesome love wells deep inside
Her magic gift will never hide

I know she thinks of me a lot
She always will, her lesson taught

I thank you God for all she is
My friend, my guide, my total wiz

What does my mother mean to me?
Look in my eyes, she’s there to see

My Mother’s Soldier, yes I am
While I stand watch for Uncle Sam

Don’t ever doubt who is the best
Her care exceeds the toughest test


©2002Roger J. Robicheau
Thank you, Roger! What beautiful words ~
(I bet his Mom's pride shone bright in her eyes.)
Update:
Roger has nicely sent me the links to his other works and a song he wrote called "Because of you" (definite tissue alert!)
(click on "Because of You" and at the top of the page it takes you to, click on the box at the top and the song will download.)