You Betcha I'm a Proud Army Mom

Ramblings of an Army mom and probably some rants about the world at large. These are my ramblings and rants and no one else's. Just so you know...

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

That's a good question...

http://www.aapavatar.net/images/Historical/rosie-flag_sm.jpg

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Getting The Word Out

Angels Call
Mrs Greyhawk

"Angels Needed! Soldiers' Angels has received over 500 adoption submissions from soldiers during the past week. These men and women have volunteered to serve our country and deserve our support.

Although SA has a "re-enlistment" rate of about 75% among existing Angels who re-adopt after their soldiers' redeployments, we would love to welcome new Angels to the SA family!

Find out more about how you can help here and more about Soldiers' Angels here."

Soldier's Angels has so many ways for you to support the troops even if you feel you can't actually adopt a soldier.

The projects include Hero packs, Blankets of Hope, Living Legend Trees, Booties and Mittens and many more.

One of the soldiers that I adopted wrote me that hearing their name at mail call is the best feeling and that getting packages is like Christmas.

(I found this on another support site I was involved with:)

"From an Officer in Iraq,

Just wanted to take a second to tell you what happened in Iraq today. It was raining - and I was just coming in to my headquarters when I passed by one of my newer soldiers - an immigrant from the former Soviet Union - and one of my BEST privates.

I was stopped in my tracks, for behold - on such a dreary day he was smiling. I was being funny (at first ) and I said "awww you got a package with some goodies? Who sent that to you?" And as I expected to hear him say "my mom" (or something like that ) he turned his face to me and said " I don't know....". He had a smile on his face.... and as I saw his eyes glazing over he said "that's why I was smiling". And at that my eyes began to glaze too.

I can never take for granted their service, not for one minute - not for one second. And now...even in a hell hole like this - God has sent yet another Angel.

I bet you didn't know that did you? How truly amazing - how close we come to God in such a faraway place.

And how silly I am for thinking that this private's safety is for me only to keep. Seems there are many who share this burden - and make me sleep sound.

You made one of my soldiers smile today - sitting there by himself - and for that you touched my soul.

I'd thank you but that's not why Angels do what they do ( I know ). So instead I'll just say - Well Done ! You can rest easy, message received. And I'll do my best to bring them home. I owe God one ; - )

Thank you from my soul,

P.S. From the Fourth Army
son of a mom like you no doubt."
(if anyone knows the author of this, please let me know so I can acknowledge him-thx)

So please go and check it out! I thank ya!