You Betcha I'm a Proud Army Mom

Ramblings of an Army mom and probably some rants about the world at large. These are my ramblings and rants and no one else's. Just so you know...

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

That's a good question...

http://www.aapavatar.net/images/Historical/rosie-flag_sm.jpg

Thursday, December 08, 2005

An Update On Cards For Joshua

Michele Malkin has photos of some wonderful cards that a Brownie Troop 895 (yay! Brownies - I was a Brownie...) in San Antonio made for Joshua Sparling, who was sent that god-awful card saying "Die" on it. Go and see them - they are beautiful!!

And Sgt Hook has a list of names of more Soldiers at Walter Reed (thanks to Two Babes and a Brain, who regularly visit soldiers there) that would love to get a card. C'mon and get writing! You just can't write enough cards - it gets downright addicting. Pretty soon you'll go out and buy greeting card software (I have 2 separate programs myself) and then you'll be making your own cards and then, seeing how creative you can be, you'll start printing up the envelopes with little critters or stars or hearts and then searching out places where you can buy ink in bulk... Did I mention this can get addictive?

Anyway, take a meander over to these bloggers' blogs and say hello and thank them for caring.


Twelve Days of Christmas, Baghdad Style.

I can imagine how nice it must be to get packages during the Christmas season when you are in a strange land 7 times zones away from home, in the middle of a mucky, cold, sandy place, where the citizens don't celebrate Christmas and the high point of any day is a toss-up between a nap, dinner, or the arrival of the mail.
So in honor of the thousands of intrepid warriors overseas today, I offer you the Twelve Days of Christmas, Baghdad style.


On the First day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
A cute little Christmas Tree.

On the Second day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
Two pounds of fudge,
And a cute little Christmas Tree.

On the Third day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
Three dozen stamps,
Two pounds of fudge,
And a cute little Christmas Tree.

On the Fourth day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
Four X-box games,
Three dozen stamps,
Two pounds of fudge,
And a cute little Christmas Tree.

On the Fifth day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
Five DVD's,
Four X-box games,
Three dozen stamps,
Two pounds of fudge,
And a cute little Christmas Tree.

On the Sixth day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
Six packs of Marlboros,
Five DVD's,
Four X-box games,
Three dozen stamps,
Two pounds of fudge,
And a cute little Christmas Tree.

On the Seventh day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
Seven cute, new photos,
Six packs of Marlboros,
Five DVD's,
Four X-box games,
Three dozen stamps,
Two pounds of fudge,
And a cute little Christmas Tree.

On the eighth day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
Eight censored Hustlers,
Seven cute, new photos,
Six packs of Marlboros,
Five DVD's,
Four X-box games,
Three dozen stamps,
Two pounds of fudge,
And a cute little Christmas Tree.

On the Ninth day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
Nine pre-paid phone cards
Eight censored Hustlers,
Seven cute, new photos,
Six packs of Marlboros,
Five DVD's,
Four X-box games,
Three dozen stamps,
Two pounds of fudge,
And a cute little Christmas Tree.

On the Tenth day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
Ten on-line hours,
Nine pre-paid phone cards
Eight censored Hustlers,
Seven cute, new photos,
Six packs of Marlboros,
Five DVD's,
Four X-box games,
Three dozen stamps,
Two pounds of fudge,
And a cute little Christmas Tree.

On the Eleventh day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
Eleven perfumed letters,
Ten on-line hours,
Nine pre-paid phone cards
Eight censored Hustlers,
Seven cute, new photos,
Six packs of Marlboros,
Five DVD's,
Four X-box games,
Three dozen stamps,
Two pounds of fudge,
And a cute little Christmas Tree.

On the Twelth day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
Twelve bags of Snickers,
Eleven perfumed letters,
Ten on-line hours,
Nine pre-paid phone cards
Eight censored Hustlers,
Seven cute, new photos,
Six packs of Marlboros,
Five DVD's,
Four X-box games,
Three dozen stamps,
Two pounds of fudge,
And a cute little Christmas Tree.

(I apologize that I don't the author of this piece - if anyone does, please let me know so I can give appropriate credit.)