You Betcha I'm a Proud Army Mom

Ramblings of an Army mom and probably some rants about the world at large. These are my ramblings and rants and no one else's. Just so you know...

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

That's a good question...

http://www.aapavatar.net/images/Historical/rosie-flag_sm.jpg

Friday, December 30, 2005

Back Home!

There is no place like home! Especially when your body finally gives in and says "ok, that was fun, but we're going to be sick now. We've put it off as long as possible." I spent most of yesterday in bed, clutching my computer between muscle spasms and hacking. Trips to So Cal are going to kill me, I swear. (Actually, I think it was the computer withdrawal that got me in the end. *sigh* One would think down in evil LA Land there would not be a Wireless problem!)

D~'s friend Pvt. O~, from Basic came in on Wednesday night and has been hanging with her and visiting friends. It's music to my ears to hear a bunch of 18+ yr olds laughing and singing off key and running around. Their music didn't even bother me...much. It's been quite a revelation to me how young people keep the blood flowing in a house. We oldsters can get so caught up in the day to day stuff and forget to play. One thing is for sure, I'm going to play more music and loudly, from now on. And sing loudly too. Totally off key but who cares! And when things get a bit bleak, break out the bubbles and sit on my back porch and blow! D~ and I did that alot when she was little and I was wondering how I was going to pay my bills or get her another pair of shoes when hers wore out. We'd be laughing in no time and the day would get brighter.

The house is a mess with presents and luggage still all over the livingroom and the rug is covered with fur. Why is it animals seem to shed more in winter when you'd think they'd be holding onto as much fur as possible? Oh and there are some people out there wondering why I haven't mailed in my payment. I know this because their letters with those cute little windows in the envelopes are now sitting on my desk. They just don't get that when you have your own business, especially in construction, that their due dates are seldom the same as yours. They can get so persnickety about that. They should just go out and blow bubbles for a bit. And sing, real loud. Wouldn't the world be a happier place?

I'll have pics to share as soon as I get them downloaded and all that. My mind seems to be making a comeback - at least for the moment.
Update:
I just found this on Sgt. Lori's site...
Take a few minutes and watch and be proud!
Also here is the Soldiers Creed.
These are our sons and daughters...