You Betcha I'm a Proud Army Mom

Ramblings of an Army mom and probably some rants about the world at large. These are my ramblings and rants and no one else's. Just so you know...

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

That's a good question...

http://www.aapavatar.net/images/Historical/rosie-flag_sm.jpg

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Healing Field


I was surfing the blogs and came across this site, "Healing Field". I hadn't heard of it before but what an incredible idea!

Paul Swenson, the founder of Healing Field and President of Colonial Flag, writes...
"I heard a Utah educator on the radio with Doug Wright one week before the one year anniversary of the Sept. 11th terrorist attacks. He was discussing what schools could do on September 11th, 2002 to remember and honor the victims and heroes of freedom killed in the terrorist attacks a year ago.

I was trying to imagine how big a number 3031 (the total of all killed that day as seen on CNN web page) was and decided it would be appropriate to put up 3031 US flags. These flags were 3x5 foot and stood on 8 foot poles. I want the sensation to be that of walking through a "corn field" of flags so an individual literally gets lost in the flags and feels the enormity of that number. "
I have noticed that the horror of 9/11 has been getting lost amidst the war discussions, the indictments and smears among the politicians. We should never forget, and especially now on Veteran's Day when so many have given so much for our Freedoms. We owe so much to those who stepped up and stood fast.
I hope to be able to walk that field next year.
They also have a little shop where if you buy something (and they have all sorts of neat things to buy) your purchase goes to supporting Healing Field across the country.
I hope it touches you as it did me.