You Betcha I'm a Proud Army Mom

Ramblings of an Army mom and probably some rants about the world at large. These are my ramblings and rants and no one else's. Just so you know...

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

That's a good question...

http://www.aapavatar.net/images/Historical/rosie-flag_sm.jpg

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Happy Birthday, Marines!

The Marine Corps is 230 years old today! OORAH!
(I hope I did that right!!)

Please go and read One Marine's View. He has a must read post about Veteran's Day and Marines.

"THE REAL AMERICAN HERO"

"The title of veteran is a term of great respect due to the patriotism, willingness to serve, and dedication to a larger cause. As the holiday approaches if nothing else Americans should remember the vets who made this country what it is today. I stand in front of a unit’s memorial board here in Iraq. A wall of warriors killed in action. I stare at the many fallen Marines, Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen, many so young and full of life, determined and brave."

CLick on the title and read it all.
And go get your tissue box - you are so going to need it.

Thank You Marines, for Kicking A$$ all these years!