You Betcha I'm a Proud Army Mom

Ramblings of an Army mom and probably some rants about the world at large. These are my ramblings and rants and no one else's. Just so you know...

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

That's a good question...

http://www.aapavatar.net/images/Historical/rosie-flag_sm.jpg

Sunday, October 23, 2005

A Good Basic Training Blog

The weather in Missouri is partly cloudy, 51 H/36 L. I hope D~ has warmy clothes for her FTX. We don't get that kind of weather around here until January. 11 more days until we get to see her! Hurry up, Time! Fly by! (But slow down when we get there, please!) I just found out that she'll be shipping out to her AIT right after Graduation, so we won't have as much time with her as I had hoped. I'm just so glad that we'll able to see her at all.

I was surfing the Milblogs and found this blog by a young soldier who kept a journal as he went through Basic Training. It's a terrific read and gives you a pretty darn detailed idea of what Basic entails.

Welcome To Basic Training

"From January 27 to April 10, 2003, I attended Basic Combat Training for the US Army at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. Here is an online copy of a journal I kept which relates what we did each day. Overall it is an experience that I am glad I had, but day-to-day was a completely different story. Overall, this should give you a good idea of the challenges, both physical and mental, that one faces in military training."

He goes through his training week by week to give an overall idea of what to expect. I so enjoyed reading about all the changes that occurred with him and his fellow recruits. What a challenging time for them and a completely new world for most.
He is in Iraq now and is blogging from there. You can access his live blog from the link above.

Please go there and give him your support!

Link