You Betcha I'm a Proud Army Mom

Ramblings of an Army mom and probably some rants about the world at large. These are my ramblings and rants and no one else's. Just so you know...

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

That's a good question...

http://www.aapavatar.net/images/Historical/rosie-flag_sm.jpg

Friday, September 30, 2005

Silent Ranks

I came across this in my search for things to put in D~'s Army scrapbook. I have connected with alot of military wives in this past year of supporting our soldiers and I am constantly awed by their spirit and courage every day. So this is in Honor of them.

THE SILENT RANKS

I WEAR NO UNIFORMS, NO BLUES OR ARMY GREENS.
BUT I AM IN THE MILITARY IN THE RANKS RARELY SEEN.
I HAVE NO RANK UPON MY SHOULDERS.
SALUTES I DO NOT GIVE.
BUT THE MILITARY WORLD
IS THE PLACE I LIVE.
I'M NOT IN THE CHAIN OF COMMAND,
ORDERS I DO NOT GET.
BUT MY HUSBAND IS THE ONE WHO DOES,
THIS I CANNOT FORGET.
I'M NOT THE ONE WHO FIRES THE WEAPON,
WHO PUTS MY LIFE ON THE LINE.
BUT MY JOB IS JUST AS TOUGH.
I'M THE ONE THAT'S LEFT BEHIND.
MY HUSBAND IS A PATRIOT,
A BRAVE AND PRIDEFUL MAN.
AND THE CALL TO SERVE HIS COUNTRY
NOT ALL CAN UNDERSTAND.
BEHIND THE LINES I SEE THE THINGS
NEEDED TO KEEP THIS COUNTRY FREE.
MY HUSBAND MAKES THE SACRIFICE,
BUT SO DO OUR KIDS AND ME.
I LOVE THE MAN I MARRIED.
SOLDIERING IS HIS LIFE.
AND I STAND AMONG THE SILENT RANKS
KNOWN AS THE MILITARY WIFE.

There are husbands too, who today, stand in the Silent Ranks tending the homefires.

So if you know of a military family, reach out to them and thank them for the sacrifices they are making as well. Also, ask if they need any help - with the kids, with the gutters, with that leaky faucet. They can use knowing how much we appreciate them too.

HOOAH!