You Betcha I'm a Proud Army Mom

Ramblings of an Army mom and probably some rants about the world at large. These are my ramblings and rants and no one else's. Just so you know...

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

That's a good question...

http://www.aapavatar.net/images/Historical/rosie-flag_sm.jpg

Friday, September 09, 2005

No address equals no muffins

Well, it's been over a week since I've heard from D~...no letters, no phone call. What a change from the girl who had her cell phone stuck to her ear and IMing all her friends - usually at the same time! I so miss her rapid fire conversations. Though I would have to tell her to slow down - my ears couldn't listen as fast as she talked!
Anyhoo - I had had it yesterday afternoon after the mail came and no letter. So I called her recruiter. I told him I still didn't have her address and asked if he had heard from her. He said he had gotten a letter a week ago. I went AH HA! so you don't have her address either! I then asked (shreiked?) "Who do you know at FLW???"" He laughed and said he'd get her addy for me. (See - it does pay to bring muffins to the recruiters. *wink) But, all I can say is: No address by noon today = no muffins next week. Hmmmmph!
I believe Moms should have a special dispensation from this no calling thing. Unfortunetly, Uncle Sam is not a mother. So, alas, I'm not expecting this policy to change anytime soon.

I want to say thank you to all of you who check in with me - your support is immeasurably appreciated! I'd be in a corner somewhere huddled and babbling by now, I'm sure. My husband appreciates it also as he likes his dinner. So a special Thanks to the BFSrs and PAMs!! HOOAH!