You Betcha I'm a Proud Army Mom

Ramblings of an Army mom and probably some rants about the world at large. These are my ramblings and rants and no one else's. Just so you know...

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

That's a good question...

http://www.aapavatar.net/images/Historical/rosie-flag_sm.jpg

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Jury Duty

I have to report for jury duty this morning. I was called up in August but since D~ was shipping out then, I postponed it until this month. No way was I going to be sitting in a courtroom the last weeks of D~ being home!
Half of me would like to sit on a jury, I never have. And the other half of me is looking at my half organized office and the stuff I have to go through, thinking I don't have time for this. Hmmm, I wonder what kind of trial it might be. If it even comes to that. The last time I was called in, they settled at the last minute and we were sent home. It was a case that could have been a 3 month trial. So we shall see. I don't suppose they let you take your laptop in court...no, probably not.
D~ should be getting a whole lotta letters today or tomorrow. That makes me feel so much better - we'll finally have contact both ways. Even though there is a 3-4 day delay. I can't wait for her to be able to use a computer! IMing has spoiled me. But I can write her while sitting in the courthouse, waiting for whatever may come of this.

Sunday she had Religious Services, yesterday was Personal Services ( I have no idea what that means) and today is Map Reading/Night Land Navigation. Thank God, she has better night vision than me!

Though from her last letter, she said because it's been so hot there, they've mostly been doing Drill and classroom. She can't wait to get to PT. She has to try so hard not to fall asleep in class. Her day starts at 4:30 am and goes until 9 pm. Quite a difference from her high school schedule! And I don't suppose they let them take naps midday.

Time to get ready ~