You Betcha I'm a Proud Army Mom

Ramblings of an Army mom and probably some rants about the world at large. These are my ramblings and rants and no one else's. Just so you know...

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

That's a good question...

http://www.aapavatar.net/images/Historical/rosie-flag_sm.jpg

Saturday, September 10, 2005

I got an address!

Whew! D~'s letter came yesterday with a return address on the envelope. Yes, I did the Happy Dance!! So I addressed all the letters I had written and mailed them off! Then I emailed everybody! It's amazing what one letter can do for the heart.
She has four Drill Sgts. I thought you only had one. Oh, I just keep learning more and more. I found the Day to Day Basic Training schedule on FLW's website. Let's see, she has had a week of Reception (though I don't think she'd put it quite like that), then starting 9/2, she had Orientation (I imagine that's still a blur), 9/3 Diagnostic Physical Test (I bet she just loved all the shots), 9/4 Religious Services (she was sitting in the Catholic Church writing the letter - not that she's Catholic - she just needed some quiet time and her recruiter told her they have cookies and you can eat them as long as you're at church), 9/5 Labor Day Activities (wonder if they had a BBQ) 9/6 Drill & Ceremony ( she was in the Color Guard in her high school band - but I imagine that drilling with an M16 is a bit different than a shield!) 9/7 Map Reading (oh dear - she unfortunetly inherited my lack of directional abilities - we get where we want to go, it just may take us a couple of tries...) 9/8 Basic Rifle Markmanship 1 (at least she's already familiar with rifles - thanks to her Grandpa and Uncle - she's been shooting since she was 5) 9/9 Post Detail ( does this mean clean up? I bet it does...Woo hoo! Warms a Mom's heart, that does!)
And today...9/10 Nuclear Biological Chemical Warfare! (The gas chamber - right? Oh, Snot! Lots of snot...)
I'm so damn proud of her! As scared and homesick as she is, she's still hanging in there. I envision her in her BDUs with her M16 and I still shake my head in amazement - that's my Baby Girl!!